Specials/Movies:

Angel Beats
    Sinbad no Bouken
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin

backlist of series to watch when none of the current airing series are on:

Great Teacher Onizuka
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Rewatching:

FMA: Brotherhood (My Mom wanted to watch it so we are watching it together)
    "What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character!"

Currently I'm powering through the Black Butler anime. J MIchael Tatum was Sebastian is...one of the best things ever, without a doubt.
    But choice voice acting does NOT make for a good anime.
    I love the manga, I started the manga first, so the anime, in comparison, is awful.
    There's a reason I said "powering". But I *am* looking forward to getting to Book of Circus and Book of Murder (my favorite story arc from the manga!). Now they just need to make an OVA or additional series of one of the best story arcs from the manga, the Ship Voyage arc.

Well, I haven't done it yet, but I'm thinking of doing a rewatch of Bleach. That's right, every single episode, including filler.

Pray for me.

I've just started Durarara!! Not entirely sure what to think about it, but it's definitely interesting.
    Yeah... I got nothing.&nbsp; Pretend there's something awesomely funny here.

Quote Originally Posted by paige62182 View Post
    I've just started Durarara!! Not entirely sure what to think about it, but it's definitely interesting.
    You'd probably appreciate it a little bit more if you watch Baccano! first. DRRR isn't exactly a sequel, but it is set in the same universe, so it might help you understand the world and the writer & director's styles a little bit better.

Ah... So that really WAS Miria and Isaac in that cameo. I do need to go back and finish Baccano soon. Baccano felt like a mid-19th century western, and Durarara!!! feels so modern and edgy. It is kind of a hodgepodge of different mythologies and weirdness like Baccano, though. I'm most of the way through season 1, and it's great so far. I'm still in the dark about a lot of things, though.

Edit: Yeah, went back and started Baccano again, and my impression was dead wrong. It's a 1930s, mid-Depression gangster film. Everyone sounds like James Cagney.
    Last edited by paige62182; 03-22-2015 at 03:37 PM.

I finished Hunter x Hunter. It was extremely good! There was one episode that almost made me tear up like Clannad and Chobits, so that was really cool and unexpected. The pacing was really good too, it didn't feel like the pacing was getting jerked around at arbitrary moments (like Fairy Tail or Naruto) or slowing to a crawl to prolong tension (One Piece, DBZ)

I liked all the arcs in general, but a few of the villains were underwhelming. The Bomber in Greed Island was a pretty terrible final boss (though the fight itself was neat). Pouf and Youpi were completely useless compared to Pitou, the Swiss army knife who didn't even let death get in the way of dismemberment. Bisky and Killua's squabbles were really entertaining (actually Bisky in general was extremely well-presented). Ging is such a deadbeat, I can't really understand his actions at all. I thought the entirety of Phantom Troupe was very intriguing, and I'm sort of disappointed they didn't get as nearly as much screen time as Chimera Ant

The gender ambiguity used constantly in the show might be one of the most interesting parts to me. There was Melody, who pretty clearly looked like a male mole rat but immediately corrected Kurapika when he referred to her as a him. There was Kurapika himself, who already looked pretty feminine to begin with and honestly might have been better off being written in as a woman. There's Neferpitou, who's referred to as male and/or "it" in non-anime sources but was pretty clearly female in the anime. There's Kalluto, who is referred to as a boy but wears a kimono for some reason. And then there's Alluta, who is referred to as a boy by her older brothers during their spiels about her not being human, but Killua specifically corrects them and says she's a girl, which seemed to imply that Alluta has the body of a male but identifies as a woman, which is kind of a ridiculous idea for an eleven year old to have, but I guess I'm not in the right place to judge

Interesting show! Off the top of my head, my two major complaints are that A] it didn't really feature a strong female lead in the early going (though support characters like Bisky and Palm assist later), and B] the show is very dismemberment-heavy, which kind of really devalued the shock value as it happened more and more frequently. Other than that, very very fun

Finished Baccano. I really enjoyed it, but I'm still somewhat confused as to what the hell happened when and to whom. A lot of the gangster guys looked too much alike for me to keep them all straight, and I know they kept giving us title cards with dates on them, but it didn't really help me keep the timeline straight. Still, very well done; great artwork, and I loved the music! I think the only anime that had music that I enjoyed this much was Bebop.

There was more gore than I expected. Not just blood, but brain matter and lots of chopped fingers and all kinds of other chunky stuff. I kind of freaked out when I caught the first glimpse of Ladd's arm. Just ick.

The Tale of Princess Kaguya was pretty good. I recently noticed that the movie was briefly trending on Japan's Twitter when users pointed out the antagonist's giant chin was (probably) inspired by a few of Disney's own villains.
    Last edited by 7jaws7; 03-22-2015 at 10:11 PM.

I've been watching Tokyo Ravens (waiting for more dubs to come out on Tuesday), Black Blood Brothers, the broadcast dubs of Assassination Classroom, Death Parade and Kamisama Kiss S2, and just started rewatching D. Gray-man. I've been finishing up a lot of anime that immediately interested me, and it seems like more of a struggle to find an anime that holds my interest :(
    Last edited by burrahobbit1987; 03-22-2015 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Spelling