post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 55 of 55 << ... 50-->510-->4552535455
    Just got done watching Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind for my animation class. I got through the first 40 minutes or so a few years ago and stopped. It just didn't interest me, and outside of Spirited Away I didn't care for the other films of Miyazaki's that I'd seen either. But after coming back to it, I've found a fondness for it. I have Kiki's Delivery Service coming in the mail, so I'll be watching that next, then probably Totoro.

And I sat through the first episode of Aldnoah.Zero 2 and rolled my eyes about 10 times. Okay way more than that. This show is laughable in what it expects the audience to buy into, and Inaho is insanely bland. Anybody who thought Kirito was bad needs to watch this show. Inaho is utterly perfect, and the show keeps making him MORE perfect with each passing episode. He's the embodiment of an otaku wish-fulfillment self-insert and about as interesting as a wet paper towel. Scratch that, the paper towel is more interesting. Inaho gets all the girls, overcomes certain death, is hyper-competent at everything, doesn't show any emotions, and lacks a personality. I think he's a robot. The scenes with the Martians and Slaine are the only interesting parts of this show, and I really hope that something good happens to Slaine at some point. I suspect he's planning something since to me it seemed like he was playing the part rather than being entirely sincere.

All the Yuri Bears talk has gotten me really interested in the show, so I'm watching that now. Pretty good, there's a lot going on but the main messages seem rather straightforward (which is good). I like horror movies but haven't seen many of the older classics (working on it) so I appreciate that others have pointed out the references that I missed.

Chaika Avenging Battle was bad, Girl Friend BETA was not good, Gonna be the Twin-Tails!! was better than expected, When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace had a few good scenes but was otherwise forgettable, Wolf Girl and Black Prince was sort of not great but had a few good scenes, and Fruit of Grisaia made me extremely uncomfortable in certain spots but ultimately had an interesting spin on the visual novel genre and I look forward to maybe playing the games whenever they make it to Steam

Diabolik Lovers was hilariously awful. Part 2 of Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals was the exact same as part 1 as expected. Currently near the beginning of His and Her Circumstances, and I quite like it so far, for being something presented in 4:3
    Last edited by Riles; 01-20-2015 at 11:16 PM.

One Piece Season 6 from Funimation and the World God Only Knows Season 3 on Crunchyroll
    <br>

Just like Pokemon

So KanColle just got interesting

Recently finished watching Ben-To. I will never look at supermarkets the same way again

Watched Evangelion 1.11 in preparation of watching 2.22 for school. Alright movie, very good looking.

Also rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist again. This show is really special to me, actually the entire franchise is, but there's a super nostalgic feeling I get when watching this show, which is kind of strange since I watched it around the same time I first read the manga. My only prior experience with the series that I can recall are some very old and vague memories of staying up super late and watching an episode or two on Adult Swim, not knowing what it was until I read the manga and realized it was vaguely familiar. Anyway, those feelings aside, this is a very good show, even though I don't care for some of the filler episodes (or some of the things in the last quarter of the show).

Also, Yurikuma Arashi is just fantastic, favorite show this season. Episode 4 was beautiful, Lulu's story really connected with me.

The episode was hilarious (Shaba-da-doo!), but also incredibly sad. Lulu's relationship with her brother reminded me of my own relationship with my brother. Lulu shuns him and treats him coldly, throwing harsh words his way, but his affection for and idolization of his big sister never wavers, and deep down Lulu does love him even if she doesn't want to admit it. Still not convinced that death = death in this one, so Lulu's brother might come back at some point. Still trying to figure out what the show means by "love" and "kisses", I'm guessing kisses mean just physical gratification and love is just emotional intimacy, which then begs the question of why they can't have both (and I'd be shocked if Ikuhara didn't address this since the groundwork is there). And the fratricide scenes reminded me very strongly of Utena's Nanami episodes.
    Ginko's past next?