post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 46 of 46 << ... 10-->3643444546
    Strike Witches

Lately, I have been re-watching some older anime titles Angel Sanctuary, Nana, Vampire Knight, Tsubasa, xxxHOLIC, Kiddy Grade, and Case Closed.

I got to house-sit for my brother the past two weekends, so I took the opportunity to marathon some series that I've been meaning to catch up on: The first season of High School DxD, The Devil is a Part-Timer, Code: Breaker, and Haganai NEXT. I also squeezed in the first 10 episodes of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo because why the hell not?

Currently enjoying RWBY. Don't know why i waited so long to watch this gem. Truly an awesome anime and has quickly made its way to my top favorites list. In fact, I've recently received Volume 1 (Season 1) on BD along with the OST.

Finished watched Akami ga Kill last week. i really enjoyed this one. Stayed away from it because of the hype surrounding it but was well worth the watch. Tokyo Ghoul ended recently. The series didn't turn out a great as I was anticipating. The second season is expected to be released in January 2015 (Winter Simulcasts). Hopefully it'll be an improvement of the 1st season.

Tokyo ESP, is on my watch list for this week. So far, so good. Love the concept and enjoying the story. Steaky! I've been vamping up for the season two dubs and movie, expected to hit in 2015, by re-watching Freezing, High School DxD NEW, and Strike Witches - which is still an awesome show.
    Steaky!&nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by josefhiggins View Post
    Finished watched Akami ga Kill last week. i really enjoyed this one. Stayed away from it because of the hype surrounding it but was well worth the watch.
    Steady, cowboy. There's still 12 episodes to go in the fall season

On a whim, watched the first episode of Deadman Wonderland on Nexflix and found myself marathon'ing the entire season. I had stuff to do, but the show was too good to pass up. Pretty great show with an original premise. A rare find.

Quote Originally Posted by Riles View Post
    Steady, cowboy. There's still 12 episodes to go in the fall season
    There's more coming soon?
    Steaky!&nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by josefhiggins View Post

There's more coming soon?
    it's a 24 episode show. Ep 13 just aired a couple days ago

I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll start with my simulcasts and then briefly mention a couple stuff I marathonned

Fairy Tail (2014)

I'm afraid I'm just not feeling it with this new series. Maybe the second half of the Grand Magic Games was too much serious shonen and not silly enough for me, but it just felt very different from what Fairy Tail's normally like. I've put the show on hold after episode 24 and will wait for the dubs before I continue watching it, because I just don't think I'm enjoying it enough to watch it twice, and I'm hoping the English reversion will spruce it up

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun

My AOTS (at least, as far as my simulcasts go). Extremely enjoyable satire on the shojo genre about how real life is often stranger than fiction. I really especially liked that most of the show was drawn in such a stereotypical shojo style, and I'm still having trouble getting over just how great Seo was as a character. Great show, highly recommended

Glasslip

Definitely the worst of the season that I simulcasted. I can't figure out if they were trying too hard or weren't trying hard enough, but I couldn't find anything that resonated with me. None of the characters were particularly engaging, and none of them felt compelled to do much of anything except feel bad that their relationships were changing. Which, I get, but like, there's no reason to feel like the world is ending. I still don't understand the future fragments or the triple identity disorder thing going on, either. Overall just an underwhelming mess, and a pretty good example of how something can become a disgrace to a genre

Magimoji Rurumo

Weird story that didn't do a whole lot, but it had interesting moments. The guy's mom was the funniest part of the show. It was odd to see the other witch, who was displayed pretty prominently in the opening, make just one appearance. Good show if you like stoic, clumsy protagonists, I suppose, but I don't think I'd recommend this to anybody otherwise

Invaders of the Rokujyoma?!

Hey, this was pretty fun! Incorporating several different supernatural tropes into a single harem-ish romcom was a neat idea, and I'd like to say that it was successful. Each girl got her own little arc, and I didn't feel like anyone really fell by the wayside. The magical girl was the greatest for being the butt of just about every joke (sometimes literally), yet she was the one who basically fixed or prevented everything from happening while off-screen. Very silly and great dynamic between several different personalities

Blade Dance of the Elementers

Started out terrible but eventually clawed its way up to halfway acceptable. The eye candy is fine if that's what you're looking for, and that's about all I can really recommend watching for. The main plot (fighting in the Blade Dance) never got to the actual event while the subplot (Ren Ashbell's identity) and the main antagonist (the fallen angel girl) were just sort of hanging clouds that never dropped, which means the only thing that happened in 12 episodes was the five-person team coming together. You'll probably like it if you have a thing for thighs

Space Dandy 2

Better than season 1! More memorable episodes! Space Dandy!

And now stuff I marathonned or watched with a friend

Chihayafuru

A sport called karuta where you smack the poem on the ground before your opponent. This was such a great show, and none of it would have been possible without Chihaya, who was incredible in just about every situation. I'm really growing to love these perseverance and hard work kind of shows, and this one (along with Saki) is ultimately what's going to be my gateway into many different sports shows. Don't get me wrong, I love sports outside of anime (watching, playing, whatever), but I never really thought they'd be much good in anime. This show changed that

I want to say that this show is very much like One Piece, but geared more towards females. Several people with different backgrounds and motivations banding together to reach their ultimate goals. There's also a nice little love triangle going on between Chihaya and two of the guys, if you love that sort of thing. Overall the show is a lot of fun, and I can't recommend it enough

Hanamonogatari

By far the weakest Monogatari arc. The Kaiki bit made up for some of it, but this particular arc did nothing but talk about things I wasn't particularly interested in, capped off with two lesbians I didn't particularly care about. Eh

Love Stage!!

All the yaoi was weird, as you might expect. Boys getting aroused by boys in the safety of their own bedrooms isn't my thing, if I had to be honest. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to react when the little spoon was in too much pain after anal. But I can't help but like the message that the show provides, when it basically tells you that your own feelings are more important than what you think should be important. Just go for what you think is right for you, and try not to be apprehensive about the details and consequences

Survival Game Club!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this show. GREAT SHOW. LOVE THIS SHOW. When i watched Nozaki-kun, it felt like a respectful homage to the shojo genre. I think Survival Game Club HATES the shojo genre. Like, it bullies it whenever it can. Like, goes out of its way to spread rumors about it and steal its lunch money. I'm not sure I've ever seen a more spiteful attack in anime, and I thought it was incredible. The Sailor Moon-like transformations were incredible, in that they were so stupid - all they'd do was pull out their guns and strike a silly pose, much like how the stock transformation sequences go in magical girl shows. The Tuxedo Mask equivalent, or at least the man I assumed he was parodying, was a fat loser otaku that didn't really do much of anything other than get dog strawberries all over his face. Most of the protagonists' victories came as a result of needlessly shooting her opponents in the head, even after they had declared her victory or given their side of the story. The girls' imaginations allowed them to believe they were actually putting real bullets into the bodies of their opponents, spilling blood all over the place. It even had bizarre references to Star Wars, Alien, and (I think) Terminator 2, for no real reason other than to, I don't know, reference them

I can't get enough of this show. I want to rewatch this show and break it all down in a Tumblr post. This was a brilliant thing that was carved out of complete and utter contempt for the genre it was supposed to be parodying

Page 46 of 46 << ... 10-->3643444546