post in the forums, peep behind the
scenes exclusives, and so much more!
Page 5 of 5 << ... 2345
    No Regrets spin-off is set to end next month: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-month/.74967

I'm glad they didn't drag this out too much (plus it means it'll cost less to collect and take up less shelf-space). Looking forward to getting my hands on volume one next month!

CHECK OUT THIS ATTACK ON TITAN INSTAGRAM MUSIC VIDEO!!!
    VERY ORIGINAL IDEA!!!

http://instagram.com/p/pXOqLywFQm/

Welcome to the Forums deakatsuki

I'm kinda confused to what that video was for.
    a fan made super short music vid?
    I should be watching...

You want a confused Attack on Titan video? I have one right here

Well, chapter 59 is out. Not a whole lot happened after that cruel cliffhanger last month, and this month's chapter ended on a less tense note than these past few. Which is good, I need a break from that.

Armin's reaction to having to kill that woman to save Jean.... I feel so bad for him. It was necessary to save Jean's life, and like Levi said, now that it's happened Armin needs to reconcile that with himself. And he said "thank you" to Armin. Don't think he's said those words before, or if he has I don't remember.

And Jean, he wasn't wrong for feeling the way he did. Far from it. He's in a difficult place because his morals and his duty are conflicting.

Of course, with Titans being humans he was going to have to face this conflict eventually. I'm still wondering why Levi hasn't brought this up with his squad (or maybe he has? but there's been no indication that he's passed the theory on). Perhaps he's decided that even though he suspects Hanji's right with her theory he doesn't want to concern his squad with it until it's proven true.

Good to see Marlo and especially Hitch back. Jean's test threw me off big time. Given what he was saying to Levi when the group was talking (when Jean was feeling guilty and Levi only said he was wrong for endangering his friends, and not wrong for feeling the way he did), I thought he had snapped and over-corrected for a minute there. He was lucky. If Marlo wasn't truly honest about his intentions to help them Jean would be dead. There was no one there to save him this time.

And with Hitch back and Annie being brought up again, I'm guessing she'll come back soon (yay!). Hitch seems like a nicer person than originally shown, and despite her attitude it seems like she does care about Annie and humanity. And she came back to save Marlo even though she was mean to him at first.

There is some definite friction between the regular MPs and the Interior MPs with Erwin's friend worrying about the Interior MPs possibly turning on them some day the way they are currently targeting the Survey Corps. Maybe the Survey Corps will gain some new allies?

As for the morals of what's been happening lately... With what Levi told Jean about Jean not being wrong and Jean's reaction to that, I don't think all of this is going to get written off as entirely justifiable. There's likely going to be something that comes up that shows that it wasn't entirely worth it even if they do succeed. That exchange is yet another indication that Levi, Hanji, and Erwin (and by extension, the rest of the Corps) are all aware of what they're doing and that their actions are bad even if they are fighting for what they believe to be the greater good (humanity's survival and freedom) as well as their own survival. Marlo also comments on what happened in Stohess as being "abhorrent", Hitch confronts Levi about it and he replies that he's aware of the consequences of what they did, and Erwin himself even admits that it was the lesser of two evils.

Related to some of that, Jean appeared worried that Levi would decide they needed to kill Marlo and Hitch, and looked relieved when he said they would let them go. Hanji and Levi also let Sanes live. Hanji was visibly upset over the torture incident. Erwin states during the Stohess raid that he's aware of how much Levi hates this stuff, and then there's Levi's retort of essentially "hating both dying needlessly and causing needless death". They're avoiding killing as much as they possibly can. Because they don't want to. Because they know it's wrong. It's just that there are times when deadly conflict is unavoidable with what they're trying to do, and they have to both accept and deal with that.

To be honest, with the way things are being portrayed I'd be surprised if Isayama tried to write everything off as 100% fine. He hasn't been glorifying these actions. Everything we've been shown has been absolutely horrific and gruesome and the characters being upfront and admitting that.

I'm just glad that they're finally making progress towards revealing the central govt's plans. Or at least getting to the bottom of what it's really up to. I prefer the chapters with more action being done than just sitting around talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly
    Of course, with Titans being humans he was going to have to face this conflict eventually. I'm still wondering why Levi hasn't brought this up with his squad (or maybe he has? but there's been no indication that he's passed the theory on). Perhaps he's decided that even though he suspects Hanji's right with her theory he doesn't want to concern his squad with it until it's proven true.
    I'd say a major flaw in that theory is that there are no female titans. Why would only males be affected by whatever brought about the titans? Annie and Ymir are proof that there aren't just male titans, even if they're shifters. And then there's also Connie's mom who was somehow transformed into a titan when that ape one showed up(and then mysteriously vanished without a trace). Also, that they have bone at the spot where the human's body would be is a possible flaw. We've seen that a shifter does seem to have a hard time pulling themselves out of the titan's body when they transform. Maybe if they stay in titan form too long, their body merges with it. Actually, I think I've made that theory before. Or it was somebody else. Regardless, it's out there. I'm wondering if the author is improvising all of this and that's why so much has yet to be explained or if he's a master of suspense and has it all figured out and done but hasn't done the illustrations but has the entire plot and story complete.
    Last edited by ForlornBeliever; Yesterday at 06:33 PM.

Page 5 of 5 << ... 2345