***Spoiler Alert! Turn back now if you don’t want Fullmetal Alchemist Spoilers!***
Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the most beloved anime of all time. While we are sad to see our rights for this title expiring on July 31, we are excited to relive our top 10 favorite FMA moments that made this show so great.
10. Ed and Al attempt to resurrect their mother and the transmutation goes awry. The powerful scene that sets the emotion and storyline of the entire show.
9. The Mystery of Warehouse 13 – SOLVED! When Mustang and his men find bones in the dirt by a military warehouse, they think it’s the work of a murderer. But the real culprit was someone they never suspected…
8. The key ingredient needed to make the Philosopher’s Stone is revealed.
7. Ed kills Greed. This was a huge turning point for the story, when Ed realizes that he can actually defeat the homunculi. But it was also a huge turning point for Ed, when he realizes a moral gray area, killing Greed who may not have been 100% evil.
6. Basically any time Alex Armstrong goes shirtless and sparkles. But especially this muscle-y show down that paved a beautiful friendship!
5. Roy Mustang kills Fuhrer Bradley. Literally seconds after he’s been stabbed in the chest. If that’s not [email protected]@$$ I don’t know what is.
4. Shou Tucker’s transmutation of his daughter, Nina. That’ll teach us to get too attached to loveable characters. Bring on the feels… and the memes.
3. Ed’s Death. Technically twice in Episode 50!
2. Roy Mustang LOVES DOGS! Really, his whole speech is amazing. Almost as amazing as Hawkeye’s special form of housetraining…
1. Maes Hughes’ Funeral – one of the most devastating deaths in anime history. Between Elicia and Mustang’s reactions, it’s definitely starting to rain.
What were some of your most memorable moments within the 2003 version of Fullmetal Alchemist? For the next week (until 6/23/16), we’ll be giving out small Fullmetal Alchemist prizes for great comments. Share them with us on the comments and make sure to get yourself a copy of the show before it’s gone!